Ignatius Prewett was a pure-blood wizard who married Lucretia Black. He was an uncle by blood of Fabian and Gideon Prewett, as well as their sister Molly, and an uncle by marriage of Sirius and Regulus Black. Ignatius and his wife Lucretia did not have any children of their own.
Given that Molly gave her third son Percy the middle name "Ignatius", presumably in honour of her uncle, it is likely that she and Ignatius were close.
Behind the scenes
- Ignatius is a Roman name altered from its original Etruscan to resemble the Latin ignis, "fire". It was the name of several saints, including the founder of the Jesuits.
- Given that Lucretia Black from the Black Family was not disowned and burnt off the Black Family Tree, implies that her marriage to Ignatius Prewett was a "respectable" pureblood marriage.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on Black family tapestry)
Notes and references
- ↑ Ignatius is Molly Weasley's uncle; Molly is a Pure-blood, thus Ignatius must be too. As well as this, if Ignatius was not a Pure-blood then Lucretia would have been disowned from the Black Family. She was not, so Ignatius is a Pure-blood.
- ↑ Molly's ministry file states that red hair is a trait in her family which means that one of her parents have red hair. Because of this, Ignatius may have had red hair, but only if Molly's father is the one whom she inherited her red hair from.
- ↑ Black Family tree
- ↑ Sirius Black stated in Ch. 6 of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix that Molly Weasley was his "cousin by marriage". This means that Ignatius could not have been Molly, Fabian, and Gideon's father, as this would have made them first cousins by blood of Sirius. Ignatius was Sirius's uncle by marriage, and if Molly was his niece, this could explain Sirius's comment. See this article's talk page for more information.
- ↑ Behind the Name: Ignatius