After her graduation from Hogwarts School, Ms. Wildsmith presumably studied further into Herbology, and discovered the magical properties of the Floo plant. From it, she devised a magical powder, Floo Powder, which, when thrown into a fire, could transport wizards from one fireplace to another via a network of fireplaces.
Death and post-mortemEdit
On 1 September, 1991, Prefect Robert Hilliard welcomed the Ravenclaw first years to Ravenclaw Tower with a short speech in which he mentioned inventor Ignatia Wildsmith as one of the many notable Hogwarts students who had been Sorted, like them, into Ravenclaw.
- "Ignis" is Latin for "fire".
Behind the scenesEdit
- On her Famous Wizard Card, Ignatia's outfit bears a resemblance to Maleficent from Disney's Sleeping Beauty. Throughout the film, Maleficent is associated with green flames, even using them to teleport herself. She also has a raven companion, though this may be coincidental, as Ignatia was not revealed to be a Ravenclaw at the time the card was designed.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Wizard of the Month
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)