Hungary (Hungarian: Magyarország) is a country in Central Europe. It is situated in the Carpathian Basin and is bordered by Slovakia to the north, Ukraine and Romania (Transylvania region) to the east, Serbia and Croatia to the south, Slovenia to the southwest and Austria to the west. Hungary's capital is Budapest.
- Hungary is home to the Hungarian Horntail as well as the national Gobstones team that lost against Wales in the Gobstones Tournament.
- Since Gellert (Gellért) is the Hungarian version of the name Gerard, it is most likely that Gellert Grindelwald was from Hungary (which was the part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire that time). However, he could also have been German or part-German, due to his surname.
Behind the scenes
- Transylvania is known to have competed in the 1473 Quidditch World Cup. Historically, this region was part of the Kingdom of Hungary at the time, even though it is seemingly mentioned as an independent country in canon (whether this is the case in wizarding jurisdictions is unknown).
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned in the word Hungarian)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Mentioned in the word Hungarian)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (real) (First appearance)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (real)
- Daily Prophet articles (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault (mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (mentioned only)