|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- Professor McGonagall: "Professor Moody! What... what are you doing?!"
- Bartemius Crouch Jr (disguised as Alastor Moody): "Teaching!"
- Professor McGonagall: "Is that a... is that a student?"
- Bartemius Crouch Jr (disguised as Alastor Moody): "Technically it's a ferret."
- — Barty (as Moody) arguing with McGonagall[src]
Human to ferret is a Transforming spell that transfigures a human into a ferret. Barty Crouch Jr (disguised as Mad-Eye Moody) used this spell on Draco Malfoy in the 1994-1995 school year when he tried to curse Harry Potter behind his back. Minerva McGonagall later performed the appropriate untransfiguration.
Behind the scenes
- In September 1994, when Draco Malfoy was transfigured into a ferret, he tried to get to the dungeons. Complete transfiguration into an animal makes a human think like the animal, except Animagus transfigurations. This suggests that the attempted escape had nothing to do with him wanting to get to his common room and was coincidental.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4