Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Human-presence-revealing Spell is the charm which reveals human presences in the surrounding environment. The spell indicates a body by a marker, the appearance of which is yet unknown, but which can be felt by the target as something "swooping" low over him or her.
In 1997, Hermione Granger used this spell at 12 Grimmauld Place after escaping pursuing Death Eaters. Later that year, Death Eaters (either Selwyn or Travers), used this spell to locate Harry Potter at Xenophilius Lovegood's house. It is possible that it is related to the spell Specialis Revelio, and it is very likely that the spell cannot detect magical creatures such as house-elves, goblins, etc.
The Latin word Homo/Hominis means "person" and Latin revelo means "to unveil".
Behind the scenes
- J.K. Rowling stated that Albus Dumbledore could cast a non-verbal Human-presence-revealing spell. This is the reason he was able to know Harry was present even while under the Invisibility cloak.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Nonverbally)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Nonverbally)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Nonverbally)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First identified as Human-presence-revealing Spell)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1