Hugo Weasley (born c. 2007 or 2008) was a half-blood wizard and the child of Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger. He has an older sister named Rose who attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from the 2017-2018 school year onwards.
Hugo Weasley was born around 2007 or 2008 to a pure-blood father and a Muggle-born mother, making him half-blood. He is about two years younger than his sister Rose, and around the same age as his cousin Lily Potter, daughter of Harry and Ginny Potter, and the two seem to be quite close.
He, along with the rest of his family, attended the 2014 Quidditch World Cup and sat in VIP Box Two. He was supporting Brazil in the final Brazil-Bulgaria match, as were his sister and father, but his mother remained neutral.
In 2017, he accompanied his parents to see off his sister and his Potter cousins to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Hugo and Lily shared an eagerness to go to Hogwarts, despite both of them being too young. At King's Cross Station, the two had "an animated discussion about which House they would be sorted into when they finally went to Hogwarts".
Although it is not specified when, it is likely he will attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry when he turns eleven.
Hugo has his father's blue eyes and his mother's brown bushy hair.
Hugo is a Latinised form of the Germanic or Teutonic name Hugh, meaning "bright in spirit and mind". French novelist and poet Victor Hugo was a famous bearer of this name. J.K.Rowling loved his works.
Hugo means "intelligent" in Latin, German and Spanish.
It is also possible that Ron and Hermione wanted their children to have the same initials as their parents, R and H. Interestingly, both children also have names consisting of four letters.
Behind the scenes
- Hugo is portrayed in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 by Ryan Turner.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, Hugo appears licking a lollipop. His father, Ron, tries to swipe it from him but misses, as Hugo moves his arm.
- In the film, Hugo has red hair like his father instead of brown hair like his mother. This is likely because the information about his hair colour was released after the film.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
Notes and references
- ↑ World Exclusive Interview with J K RowlingThe Weasleys are known British.
- ↑ The live final of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup, as written by Rita Skeeter and Ginny Potter, states that Rose has her father's hair and Hugo has inherited Hermione's bushy locks. Hermione has brown, bushy hair - thus, to have inherited them, Hugo must have brown bushy hair too.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Although it has never been confirmed that Septimus and Cedrella are Arthur's parents, this can be inferred based on Sirius Black's statement in Ch. 6 of Order of the Phoenix that Arthur was "something like [his] second cousin once removed." The Black family tree establishes Cedrella as a first cousin once removed of both Orion and Walburga Black, Sirius's parents. Thus, any children she had would be their second cousins, and second cousins once removed of their sons Sirius and Regulus. Also, almost all of Sirius's relatives can be seen on the Black family tree as both his parents were born into the House of Black, making it unlikely that he could be related to Arthur in a way not shown. See also this talk page and an HPL essay for more information.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Epilogue