Snap fingers at target
White flash of light
Makes the target hover in mid-air
- "Aunt Petunia’s masterpiece of a pudding, the mountain of cream and sugared violets, was floating up near the ceiling. On top of a cupboard in the corner crouched Dobby."
Behind the scenes
- Although this spell and Wingardium Leviosa are seemingly the same spell, they are not. The Hover Charm makes the target hover, statically, whereas Wingardium Leviosa makes objects fly, the caster having some degree of control of where they fly to.
- On Pottermore, the cake only hovers for fourteen seconds before smashing; such may indicate that the spell has a time limit. However, it is more likely that Dobby only waited fourteen seconds before dropping the cake.
- This spell and Levioso have curiously similar effects; it may be that the two are the same, or potential variants.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4