At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Hot chocolate is a drink made from cocoa powder or (in the case of luxury versions) from melted chocolate.
Conjure Cocoa was a brand of instant wizarding hot chocolate sold in the United States in the early 20th century. Tina and Queenie Goldstein served some to Newt and Jacob Kowalski when the men visited their apartment in December 1926.
Around 1946, Tom Riddle killed Hepzibah Smith by spilling a little known poison into her evening cocoa (an alternate name for hot chocolate), in order to take Hufflepuff's Cup and Slytherin's Locket from her. He utilised a memory modification charm on Smith's house-elf, Hokey, to make it appear as though the elderly servant accidentally mistook the poison for sugar while preparing the beverage for her mistress, which the Ministry accepted without further investigation.
Molly Weasley served this on the evening of 31 August in 1992, following Fred and George Weasley giving an exhibition of Dr Filibuster's Fabulous Wet-Start, No-Heat Fireworks. The drink is also made at Hogwarts, as Albus Dumbledore was going downstairs to get a cup one night early 1992, which led him to discover a Petrified Colin Creevey. Later that year, Dumbledore suggested that Ginny Weasley should have some, after her encounter in the Chamber of Secrets, saying "I always find that cheers me up."
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
Notes and references
- ↑ MinaLima Store - Wizard Packaging
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 20 (Lord Voldemort's Request)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 5 (The Whomping Willow)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 10 (The Rogue Bludger)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 3 (The Knight Bus)