Horned Serpent house is sometimes considered to represent the mind of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Horned Serpent favours scholars.
- Seraphina Picquery, MACUSA president 1920-1928, the only student in her generation to be offered acceptance by all four houses.
Behind the scenes
- Horned Serpents are a creature that figures in the folklore of many indigenous peoples of North America. They are typically described as dragon-like serpents with horns and long teeth. They are often associated with or said to control the weather, particularly rain, lightning, and thunder. Magical abilities ascribed to them include shape-shifting, invisibility, and hypnotic powers.
- The house crest is in the shape of a Gordian knot, alluding to Rionach Sayre's brooch.
- On the Pottermore website, those who were sorted into their Ilvermorny house had the option to choose between their Hogwarts house theme or their Ilvermorny house theme. The theme for Horned Serpent consists of a red banner and a teal-blue secondary colour.
Notes and references
- ↑ "Ilvermorny’s four houses unveiled thanks to secret code found on Pottermore" from Hypable
- ↑ Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry"
- ↑ Pottermore - All About Horned Serpent
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Horned Serpent" on Wikipedia
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 "Native American Horned Serpents of Myth and Legend" from Native-Languages.org