Horned Serpent House is sometimes considered to represent the mind of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Horned Serpent favours scholars.
- Seraphina Picquery, MACUSA president 1920-1928, the only student in her generation to be offered acceptance by all four houses.
Behind the scenes
- Horned Serpent is a creature that figures in the folklore of many indigenous peoples of North America. They are typically described as dragon-like serpents with horns and long teeth. They are often associated with or said to control the weather, particularly rain, lightning, and thunder. Magical abilities ascribed to them include shape-shifting, invisibility, and hypnotic powers.
- The house crest is in the shape of a Gordian Knot, alluding to Rionach Sayre's brooch that was saved from a fire by her daughter Isolt.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2017 edition) (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Mentioned in a newspaper)
Notes and references
- ↑ "Ilvermorny’s four houses unveiled thanks to secret code found on Pottermore" from Hypable
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry" at Pottermore
- ↑ Pottermore - All About Horned Serpent
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (see this image)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Horned Serpent on Wikipedia
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 "Native American Horned Serpents of Myth and Legend" from Native-Languages.org