At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Horned Serpent House is sometimes considered to represent the mind of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Horned Serpent favours scholars.
- Seraphina Picquery, MACUSA president 1920-1928, the only student in her generation to be offered acceptance by all four houses.
Behind the scenes
- Horned Serpent is a creature that figures in the folklore of many indigenous peoples of North America. They are typically described as dragon-like serpents with horns and long teeth. They are often associated with or said to control the weather, particularly rain, lightning, and thunder. Magical abilities ascribed to them include shape-shifting, invisibility, and hypnotic powers.
- The house crest is in the shape of a Gordian Knot, alluding to Rionach Sayre's brooch that was saved from a fire by her daughter Isolt.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (mentioned in 2017 edition)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Mentioned in a newspaper)
Notes and references
- ↑ "Ilvermorny’s four houses unveiled thanks to secret code found on Pottermore" from Hypable
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry" at Pottermore
- ↑ Pottermore - All About Horned Serpent
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (see this image)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Horned Serpent" on Wikipedia
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 "Native American Horned Serpents of Myth and Legend" from Native-Languages.org