The wand of Horace Slughorn is of unknown wood, length, and core material. He most likely purchased his wand from Ollivanders Wand Shop, when he was eleven years old, and before entering Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Slughorn had once lost his wand, which had been the first time in his life he had done so. As it turned out, however, it had merely gotten trapped in the folds of his gown, and he soon recovered it.
Horace Slughorn extracted his memory of what he told Tom Riddle with this wand. Slughorn used this wand to duel alongside Minerva McGonagall and Kingsley Shacklebolt during the Battle of Hogwarts as they fought Lord Voldemort.
Behind the scenes
- In the movies, Slughorn's wand is unusually thick. It is also very ornate, resembling Horace's liking for luxury. The wand's handle displays a pair of antenna-like protrusions, not unlike those of a slug. This may have reflected it's owner's surname, Slughorn. Also, below the handle seems to resemble a trail of snail slime, which curves around until the end. This could also reflect Horace's last name. The wand itself may have been inherited or passed down from earlier Slughorn generations.
- Slughorn's wand in the movies is actually a metal casting, making it the only metal wand shown in the entire series.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7