Slughorn had once lost his wand, which had been the first time in his life he had done so. As it turned out, however, it had merely got trapped in the folds of his gown, and he soon recovered it.
Horace Slughorn extracted his memory of what he told Tom Riddle with this wand. Slughorn used this wand to duel alongside Minerva McGonagall and Kingsley Shacklebolt during the Battle of Hogwarts as they fought Lord Voldemort.
Behind the scenes
- In the movies, Slughorn's wand is unusually thick. It is also very ornate, resembling Horace's liking for luxury. The wand's handle displays a pair of tentacle-like protrusions, not unlike those of a slug. The tentacle-like protrusions even have eyespots at the ends, also like those of a slug. This may have reflected it's owner's surname, Slughorn. Also, below the handle seems to resemble a trail of snail slime, which curves around until the end. This could also reflect Horace's last name. The wand itself may have been inherited or passed down from earlier Slughorn generations.
Slughorn's wand is a grayish, metal colour with white curved lines on the shaft. It has a very unique handle in the shaped of a snails head.
- Slughorn's wand in the movies is actually a metal casting, making it the only metal wand shown in the entire series.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault