Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles is a book written by Wilhelm Wigworthy. Published by Little Red Books in 1987, the book contains a wide range of information on British Muggles, including an explanation of electricity. The book is a standard textbook used in Charity Burbage's Muggle Studies class at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
During the journey to school on the Hogwarts Express, a student was trying to read this book, but was unable to concentrate due to the noise others were making around them. He convinced the other students to move to another compartment and then locked the door after them, but he lost the book in the process. He asked Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger, who were passing through the train to try and find an empty compartment, to find and return this book to him. In exchange, he unlocked the door to the next compartment for them.
Behind the scenes
- The book appears as a background prop in the Flourish and Blotts sequence of the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. However, there is a number of things wrong with it: the author listed on the cover is Edessa Skanderberg instead of Wilhelm Wigworthy (making the date of publication nearly 500 years off, as Sakndenberg lived in the 16th century); also, the publisher is shown as Rumiharts Books instead of Little Red Books.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Handheld versions only)
- Harry Potter Limited Edition
Notes and references
|Professors: Quirinus Quirrell · Male Teacher · Charity Burbage · Alecto Carrow|
|Classrooms: Muggle Studies Classroom · Muggle Studies showroom · Fifth Floor classroom|
|Textbooks: Cooking the Muggle Way · Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles · Moronic Muggles · Muggles Who Notice · My Life as a Muggle · The Philosophy of the Mundane: Why the Muggles Prefer Not to Know · When Muggles Attack|