|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
These loudspeakers were used in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to make schoolwide announcements.
During the 1995–1996 school year, when Dolores Umbridge, Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, temporarily assumed the position of Headmistress, she used these speakers to announce her restrictive policies. Dumbledore's Army members Padma Patil, Parvati Patil, and Harry Potter responded by sabotaging the speakers with Babbling Beverage, so they would spout nonsense instead.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, prompts such as what class to head to next are given in the form of Professor McGonagall speaking through these loudspeakers.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery