- "Yer ticket for Hogwarts. First 'o September -- King's Cross -- it's all on yer ticket."
- —Rubeus Hagrid gives Harry Potter his ticket[src]
A Hogwarts Express ticket is a ticket provided to all who are attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the first time. It provides important details such as the date and time that the Hogwarts Express leaves from King's Cross Station: 1 September at 11 A.M.
Behind the scenes
- It is uncertain whether students in years other than first year are provided with this ticket, since the details of where and when the Hogwarts Express depart never change, barring very special circumstances. It is also unknown if the ticket serves anything other than an informational purpose, though no mention is made of Harry having to surrender it. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, however, does make reference to a "ticket inspector" who signaled Harry, Ron and Hermione when it was safe to walk through the magical barrier between Platform Nine and Platform Ten, and LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 depicts Harry, Ron, and Hermione as needing a ticket to board the Hogwarts Express at the start of the fifth year, though subsequent trips do not require it.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Possibly mentioned indirectly)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7