Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Location and surroundings
The station is located near the Black Lake, and from there a road extends around the lake to Hogwarts Castle. It is actually quite a distance from the village itself, being on the opposite side of the Hogwarts grounds. The Hogwarts Express stops here after travelling from King's Cross Station's Platform Nine and Three Quarters which like Diagon Alley, Muggles cannot penetrate. At the station is a small group of buildings, the large being a resting place for the conductor of the train. Not far down from these buildings are entrance gates to Hogwarts that are located in a clearing of the Forbidden Forest that leads up to the school grounds. Also at the end of the platform, boats are docked awaiting the arrival of Groundskeeper Rubeus Hagrid and the First years.
Behind the scenes
- Scenes involving Hogsmeade station in the Harry Potter films were shot at Goathland railway station on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, built in 1865 and virtually unchanged, that serves the village of Goathland in the North York Moors.
- In the film adaption of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, the station is shown to be located to the south of Hogwarts Castle, but in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Hogsmeade Station appears to be in one of the clearings of the Forbidden Forest to the east.
- The station decreases drastically in size when it's seen in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The second platform on the other side is no longer visible in addition compared to the first film. The station seems to be in a pine wood, Hogwarts Castle is directly opposite the station from the loch in the fifth film, when in the first film the castle is seen on a big hill with no loch in sight.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- LEGO Harry Potter
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (mentioned only)
Notes and references