|Hogsmeade permission form|
1993 or earlier
- Harry: "Well, it'll be hard work, pretending to Aunt Marge I go to that St. Whatsits--"
- Mr. Dursley: "St. Brutus's Secure Centre for Incurably Criminal Boys!"
- Harry: ".... But if you sign my permission form, I swear I'll remember where I'm supposed to go to school, and I'll act like a Mug--like I'm normal and everything."
- — Exchange between Harry Potter and Vernon Dursley[src]
A form was required to be signed by a third year student's parent or guardian in order for that student to take part on the weekend trips to Hogsmeade Village, an all-wizarding village near Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
The text of the Hogsmeade permission form is the following:
PERMISSION for VISIT to HOGSMEADE for
- This document hereby serves to state the aforementioned
- Third-year student of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
- is permitted to visit the village of Hogsmeade at such a time
- That the school arranges, and with the signature of the undersigned
- parent or guardian.
- The student shall abide by all such rules & regulations relevant
- to such expeditions and set by the school as per article 528/Z
- of the 1714 Edict.
- Print Name ...................
- Relation .......................
- Signature .....................