She and her sister were generally quiet at Slug Club meetings, and both had a fondness for the colour green, which they wore not only as part of their House robes, but by choice, as reflected by the formal dresses they wore to the Slug Club Christmas party.
- Both Carrow girls were named after Greek goddesses. As both goddesses represent good things - the hearth, flowers, spring, home, family - it may be implied that they are nice people, regardless of being Sorted into Slytherin.
Behind the scenes
- This character is only introduced in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Part 1 and Part 2 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- Hestia Carrow is portrayed by actress Ruby Evans.
- Her background is not known, but as both she and her sister were invited to join the Slug Club, it's doubtful that the invitation was based on individual fame or observed talent (as in the case of Ginny Weasley). It is more likely that both girls were somehow well connected, being related to a famous, powerful or prominent member of Wizarding society. The Carrows are also part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, indicating that they are a powerful pure-blooded family.
- It's possible the Carrow twins were related to Death Eaters, Alecto and Amycus Carrow, though this may not be true, as Slughorn was keen to avoid and deny any association with Voldemort.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (As "Slytherin Twin #2")
Notes and references
- ↑ They must have been at least eleven years old to attend Hogwarts.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 New original characters cast for Half-Blood Prince