Hesper Starkey (1881—1973) was a witch who studied how the moon's phases affected potion fabrication. In 1993-1994, a portrait of her guarded a secret room at Hogwarts, to which the password (obtainable only from Fred and George Weasley) was Lunartickle.
Behind the scenes
- Judging from her year of birth, Hesper may have been in the same year as Albus Dumbledore, if she attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- In some Harry Potter video game series, her surname is spelled Starky. Pottermore, however, gives the name as Starkey.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card) (Appears in portrait(s)) (First identified as Hesper Starkey)
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)