- "Euugghh! That's disgusting."
Herbicide Potion (or simply Herbicide) is a potion that kills or damages plants. It has a disgusting taste and is not for human consumption since it may affect the drinker's health. The recipe for this potion can be found in Magical Drafts and Potions.
- Add 4 lionfish spines to the mortar
- Crush into a rough powder using the pestle
- Add 2 measurements of Standard Ingredient to the mortar
- Crush into a rough powder
- Add 3 measures of the crushed mixture to your cauldron
- Wave your wand
- Leave to brew and return in 45/51/60 minutes (depending on your cauldron)
- Add 2 measures of Horklump juice to your cauldron
- Heat to a medium temperature for 10 seconds
- Add 2 blobs of Flobberworm mucus to your cauldron while it's still on the heat
- Stir 4 times, clockwise
- Wave your wand to complete the potion
Behind the Scenes
- Brewing a Herbicide potion is free. All of the ingredients regenerate.
- Probably due to its poor points per galleon-minute, according to the Pottermore Insider Herbicide is the least commonly brewed potion.
- While Antidote to Common Poisons has an even worse points per galleon-minute, it is much quicker to make. Additionally all of Herbicide ingredients come in bottles, which are known for being extremely unwieldy.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (NDS version only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - GBC version