|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
The name "Henry" comes from the Germanic name Heimirich which meant "home ruler", composed of the elements heim "home" and ric "power, ruler". It was later commonly spelled Heinrich, with the spelling altered due to the influence of other Germanic names like Haganrich, in which the first element is hagan "enclosure".
Behind the scenes
- The portrait of Poderick Cruickshank seems to have been based on a 1505 portrait of Henry VII by an unknown artist.
Notes and references
- ↑ Mary I, Queen of England, was a witch. This means that she has to have a magical ancestor somewhere in her line, possibly her great-grandmother, Margaret Beaufort, who claimed to have "visions" from god; these "visions" may be because she was an unknown seer, possibly making Henry a squib.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Henry VII of England" on Wikipedia
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Hogwarts Ghosts" at Pottermore
- ↑ The Tales of Beedle the Bard - Albus Dumbledore on "The Wizard and the Hopping Pot"