Hengist Rawkes was a wizard depicted in a Portrait hanging near the first-floor landing of the Grand Staircase of Hogwarts Castle, near the portrait of a Count. His name could be read on a plaque hanging under his image.
Behind the scenes
- The portrait of Hengist Rawkes was based on a 1902 portrait of Thomas Lister, 4th Baron Ribblesdale, by John Singer Sargent (1856–1925).
- This individual may have died sometime prior to 1991, as many portraits hung at Hogwarts Castle depict deceased individuals.
The name "Hengist" means "stallion" in Germanic. Hengist and his brother Horsa were the leaders of the first Germanic settlers in Britain. Hengist established a kingdom in Kent in the 5th century.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Appears in portrait(s))
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references