- Luna: "After all, Cornelius Fudge has got his own private army."
- Harry: "What?"
- Luna: "Yes, he's got an army of heliopaths."
- Hermione: "No, he hasn't."
- — Luna and Hermione bicker over the existence of heliopaths[src]
A Heliopath is a spirit of fire which is claimed to gallop and burn anything in its path.
This is one of the many creatures that Luna Lovegood claims to exist, but which is not documented anywhere else. She claimed that Cornelius Fudge, Minister for Magic at the time, had an army of these creatures at his command, though given his ineptitude for leadership, as well as Luna's beliefs being dubious, this is unlikely. She also claimed there were plenty of eye-witnesses to their existence.
Heliopath appears to derive from the Greek hēlios for 'sun' and the suffix -path from the Greek -pathēs for '-sufferer' combined to form one who either practises a therapy or suffers from the sun.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)