A helicopter is a type of Muggle aircraft where lift and thrust are supplied by rotating blades. In his first year, Draco Malfoy told long, boastful stories about his skill at flying on a broom that always seemed to end with him narrowly escaping from Muggles in helicopters.
On 2 August of 1995, a helicopter that almost crashed in a field in Surrey was reported on the seven o'clock news. Wizards and witches seem to have the unfortunate habit of crashing into helicopters with usually fatal results, such as Fabius Watkins, legendary Quidditch Captain and Chaser for the Montrose Magpies in 1975, and an unnamed individual in September of 1991.
Behind the scenes
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 during the Fiendfyre Frenzy scene the Trio make a toy helicopter fly away from the fire. However it may still have been destroyed.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned on a newspaper)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Appears in photographs)
- Wizard of the Month (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Toy)