|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Hedwig's killer was a Death Eater that fought in the Battle of the Seven Potters. This Death Eater shot out a Killing Curse that killed Harry Potter's pet owl, Hedwig. It is likely the curse that killed Hedwig was intended for Rubeus Hagrid. He most likely took part in the Battle of Hogwarts. It is also likely that, after Lord Voldemort's defeat in 1998, this Death Eater was either killed or imprisoned.
Behind the scenes
- "No! No!"
- —Harry yelling.[src]
- Hedwig's killer is not explicitly identified, so he/she may have appeared in other books, films or video games, but the only known appearance is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.
- Hedwig's killer might have been Selwyn, who was known to be pursuing Harry and Hagrid at the time, or it might have been Stanley Shunpike under the Imperius Curse.
- Recently, some theories have appoint to Severus Snape, who needed to kill Hedwig in order to keep Harry safe. During the Battle of Seven Potters, Snape would have seen Hedwig, and realised she was a dead giveaway as to which of the seven Harrys was the real Harry. The only way to save the boy was to kill his owl, though neither of the theories have been confirmed.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Notes an References
- ↑ Due to the fact that Death Eaters hate "Mudbloods"
- ↑ http://hellogiggles.com/harry-potter-hedwig-had-to-die/