- "He hurried over to Ron, bent down, tapped Ron's leg with his wand and muttered 'Ferula'. Bandages spun up Ron's leg, strapping it tightly to a splint."
- —Remus Lupin using a healing spell[src]
A Healing spell is one of the seven known spell types, distinguished by their capacity to magically improve the physical condition of the living object — it is a branch of Healing magic. In 1996, Harry Potter allowed Nymphadora Tonks to heal his broken nose, though he had been intending to see Madam Pomfrey, whom he privately felt to be more competent with Healing spells than Tonks.
Known Healing spells
- Anapneo – spell to clear the throat of a choking victim.
- Brackium Emendo/Ossio Dispersimus – heals brachial bones (debatable, as its usage removes said bones instead, however the occurrence in question was when Gilderoy Lockhart attempted to use it and likely mis-cast it).
- Episkey – spell to treat mild to moderate injuries including split lips and broken noses.
- Ferula – binds and splints fractures.
- Reparifors – heals minor magically-induced ailments like paralysis.
- Shock Spell - presumably a magical equivalent of reactivating the heart beat, brain and/or body parts.
- Spell to cure Wartcap powder infection.
- Vulnera Sanentur – spell used to heal deep gashes like those caused by the curse Sectumsempra.
Unidentified Healing spells
- Madam Pomfrey used an unidentified spell to heal a gash on Harry Potter's shoulder after the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament.
- Albus Dumbledore used an unidentified spell to heal a cut he made on his arm in order to give the offering of blood needed to enter the Horcrux cave.
Behind the scenes
- The Mending Charm is not meant to be used on flesh wounds, as attempting so may create serious scars.
- Presumably, Healing spells (at least the basic ones) are taught at Hogwarts in Charms class, which covers spells in general, other than Transfiguration spells.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First identified as Healing spell)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter: Spells