|"We must've been through hundreds of books already and we can't find him anywhere —"|
The Head of Hufflepuff house is a professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with the special obligation of looking after the students of their house: Hufflepuff. It is unknown how a professor would be elected for the post, but it's most likely that the headmaster chooses the professor whom embodies all the qualities Helga Hufflepuff herself had (loyalty, kindness, generosity, etc.) and probably was in Hufflepuff House when he/she was in Hogwarts.
- To choose their House's Quidditch Captain
- To give the Hufflepuff Quidditch team permission to practice
Rules and obligations
Special duties in the History of Hogwarts
The following are special duties that were performed by the Head of Hufflepuff in the past.
- 1992–1993 school year: to inform the Hufflepuff students of new rules regarding the opening of the Chamber of Secrets
- 1993–1994 school year: to notify their students of the rules in regards to protecting them from Azkaban escapee, Sirius Black
- 1997–1998 school year: to round up their students prior to the Battle of Hogwarts
Known Heads of Hufflepuff
- Helga Hufflepuff – One of the four founders of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry whom Hufflepuff House was named after
- Pomona Sprout – Head of Hufflepuff during Harry Potter's time at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
- Head of Gryffindor House
- Head of Ravenclaw House
- Head of Slytherin House