After Harry and the Potters founded the wizard rock genre, many similar bands that also took on the persona, or dressed as a Harry Potter-themed character — began to appear at Harry Potter fan conventions. The band prefers to play in libraries. Though most fans of the music are previous fans of Harry Potter, some bands have attracted listeners outside of the Harry Potter fanbase.
Since the band's formation in 2002, they have released three full-length studio albums, three major extended plays, one compilation album and appeared in a further three compilation albums. The Boston Phoenix has called Harry and the Potters the "Pink Floyd of Potterdom."
- Harry and the Potters
- Voldemort Can't Stop the Rock!
- Harry and the Potters and the Power of Love
- Mail Songs #1
- Scarred for Life
- Untitled split EP with The Zambonies
- The Enchanted Ceiling
- In the Cupboard
- Mail Songs #2
- Harry and the Potters at the Yule Ball
- Live at the New York Public Library
- Priori Incantatem
- Sonorous Cassette Series
- A Wizardly Christmas of Wizardry