Harry Potter for Kinect is a video game, developed by Eurocom and published by Warner Bros. Interactive. It was released on 9 October, 2012. It is for the Xbox 360 system, requiring the use of the Kinect accessory.
Harry Potter for Kinect includes content based on all eight titles in the Harry Potter film series. The game includes multiplayer features. The use of the Kinect accessory allows players to use spells via physical gestures and call out spell names out loud. There is also an option for players to scan their faces, allowing them to create their own unique wizard or witch to navigate through the game.
- For the first time, create a witch or wizard character in your likeness that will become part of the gameplay through Kinect's scanning technology.
- Experience unforgettable moments from all eight films - from having your wand choose you at Ollivanders and being Sorted as a first-year student at Hogwarts, to battling You-Know-Who in a climactic wizard battle.
- Cast spells at your opponents by performing the proper casting maneuvers and calling out spell names utilizing Kinect's controller-free and voice recognition capabilities.
- Hone your casting, brewing and duelling skills (among others) in class to unlock even more lessons and challenges.
- Challenge a friend in competitive mini-games, or join forces against a mutual opponent in co-op games.