|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1|
|Video game information|
- "This Spells War"
- —Official tagline
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 is a game based on the first part of the film adaptations of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It was produced by EA Games, and was released on 16 November, 2010 in the U.S., and on 19 November, 2010 in the U.K. The game was announced at E3 2010. The game was rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and up) on the Nintendo DS, and T (Teen) on all other platforms in the U.S. In the U.K., it was rated 12+ on all consoles.
Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley, and Hermione Granger must venture out into the Wizarding World on their own to destroy Lord Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes. On their journey, they will encounter numerous dangers including Death Eaters, Snatchers, and so much more. Luckily for the trio, they may pick up on a few spells and potions on their way. Even so, no where is safe...no one can be trusted...the battle has begun.
- Adam Sopp as Harry Potter
- Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
- Alice Keenan as Hermione Granger
- Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley
- Rupert Degas as Lord Voldemort/Rubeus Hagrid
- Beth Chalmers as Bellatrix Lestrange
- Nick Moran as Scabior
- James Phelps as Fred Weasley
- Oliver Phelps as George Weasley
- Alfred Enoch as Dean Thomas
- Warwick Davis as Griphook
- Toby Jones as Dobby
- Simon McBurney as Kreacher
- Andy Linden as Mundungus Fletcher
- Jonathan Harden as Xenophilius Lovegood
- Dominic Coleman as Arthur Weasley
- Kate Fleetwood as Mary Cattermole
- Rachel Atkins as Dolores Umbridge
- Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy
- Jonathan Hansler as Lucius Malfoy
- Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood
- Expecto Patronum
- Finite Incantatem (can only be used to free other wizards from Petrificus Totalus)
- Four-Point Spell
- Impedimenta (Impedimenta Maxima can be unlocked entering a specific cheat code)
- Petrificus Totalus
- Protego (Protego Totalum can be unlocked entering a specific cheat code)
- Wingardium Leviosa
- Exploding Potion
- Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder
- Garrotting Gas
- Strengthening Solution
- Murtlap Essence
- Blood-Replenishing Potion
- Elixir of Life
- Polyjuice Potion
- Felix Felicis
- Fire-Protection Potion
- Little Whinging
- The Burrow
- Shaftesbury Avenue
- Ministry of Magic
- Forest of Dean
- The Ruins
- Godric's Hollow
- Epping Forest
- Malfoy Manor
- Caravan Park
- Grimmauld Place
- Bathilda Bagshot's House
- The game has been split up into two parts, like the films.
- This is the fourth Harry Potter game to feature voice talents from actors/actresses in the films.
- There are around 80 individual characters in the game.
- There are 40 cutscenes.
- This marks the first Harry Potter game to be rated T for Teen. (On Next-Gen Consoles only)
- This is the first (Harry Potter for Kinect being second) Harry Potter game to feature a Kinect mode for Xbox 360. For Kinect players, there are 22 playable missions with 10 single player locations and 12 co-op player locations.
- This is the only game where Hogwarts is not seen.
- As for the Release of Harry Potter for Kinect The Xbox 360 Version of the game has been made available to buy at 14,99 dollars( 1200 Microsoft points ).
EA has stated that the gameplay is similar to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It is an action video game, not a video game of making potions, playing Quidditch or exploring Hogwarts. There is no RPG iteration of the game, unlike with previous titles. Unlike the previous installments, there is not much room to "run around" such as in the fifth and sixth game, where you were allowed to move freely within the castle and on the grounds. This will be more like an action and adventure game. Unlike previous titles where you rarely fought Death Eaters, you will fight hundreds of them, as well as Snatchers, in this game. Along with said Death Eaters, you can also fight creatures, such as Giant Spiders, Dragons, Doxies, Whomping Willows, and Dementors. EA has also stated that it is to be a third-person shooter. You play as Harry for the duration of the game, but in most levels Ron and Hermione fight with you. You can use the Invisibility cloak, Polyjuice Potion, and Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder for missions like the raid to the Ministry of Magic. You can use Exploding Potion and Garrotting Gas to attack your opponents, or the Elixir of Life to restore your health, as well as Murtlap Essence and Blood Replenishing Potion to heal minor and major injuries respectively. Felix Felicis can be used to increase your luck. You can also find radios with channel Potterwatch around, and newspapers, The Quibbler and The Daily Prophet, to keep posted on events in the Wizarding World.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows trailer E3 2010
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 Video Game Preview