Please add new incident reports at the BOTTOM of this page. Don't forget to sign your post with "~~~~", which translates into a signature and a time stamp automagically.
This user has today vandalized the user page of Hunnie Bunn and despite my warning - or because of my warning - he made insultings against me on my talk page. He should either be warned by an admin or blocked. His own talk page is also very interesting. 21:38, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
This above mentioned user was again on my user talk page - Fuck word is now F word, but is that better?
22:38, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Blocked for a period of one month - obviously not here to build an encyclopedia. If you want to just remove the message they left, feel free. ProfessorTofty (talk) 22:40, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
Has blanked three pages (since restored), even claiming in one case to have made the page "more intelligent"[sic] — I suppose that's for all values of "e intelligent" equalling "onic". Why this user hasn't yet been slapped with a block of at least one month, I don't know. — RobertATfm (talk) 21:31, January 7, 2013 (UTC)
- The user in question has only made those edits, back on January 3, and hasn't been back since. They were duly warned and if it's done again, a block will be made. ProfessorTofty (talk) 22:39, January 7, 2013 (UTC)
- User:Cavite was also adding spam.
Please warn or block the first five users for removing the whole Harry Potter page, and adding in random information. The sixth user made a page, which cursed. Thanks for looking.
Apart from the fact that this image is misnamed (on the HDM Wiki this character is called "Lyra Silvertongue" because that's what she's most often called in the series), and the fact that it doesn't really belong here (except possibly as a user-page image — the uploader is called "Lyra888"), this image is a clear copyright violation; a watermark in the middle shows that it was copied from Deviant Art, so unless it was copied from the uploader's own Deviant Art account (and there's no evidence of this), the uploader had no right to copy it here. On this basis, I've already deleted this image from the HDM Wiki (where, even if there's no copyright violation, it doesn't belong because of the "no fanon" policy there). — RobertATfm (talk) 21:36, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
I've just reverted three very similar edits to this page, ostensibly by two different editors but the similarity makes me suspect that one may be a sockpuppet of the other. Both sets of edits introduced the (to my knowledge false) information that Dumbledore was born in the 1840s rather than 1881; and as if to underscore my view that these were vandal edits, the first also changed one spelling of "even" to "ev4n" whilst the second pair added unnecessary formatting. Also, the first of these two was done within five minutes of my reverting the very first one.
- JKR reportedly stated that Dumbledore was 150 in a 2000 Scholastic.com live interview. Which, based on the fact that the books are set in the 1990s, would've put his birth in the 1840s. Fans accepted this as Dumbledore's age for a long time, until Deathly Hallows was released and it was revealed he was born in 1881 instead. That means JKR either changed her mind about Dumbledore's age at some point, or whoever transcribed the interview misheard "one-hundred-fifty" when JKR really said "one-hundred-fifteen" (someone born in 1881 would've been 113/114 in 1994 and 1995, the years in which GoF, released in 2000, are set — remember that JKR has admitted that maths aren't her strong suit).
- So I wouldn't necessarily label the edits to the Albus Dumbledore as the deliberate insertion of false information; it may be the case of someone forgetting the most recent canon information and correcting what seemed to them to be an error. "Ev4n" may also simply be a strange typo, since the "4" key is located above the "e" key.
- If the situation progresses to edit warring, article protection will be warranted, but I don't think it's reached that point at this time. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 02:37, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
Edit warring: Molly Weasley
I just reverted an edit to this page by User:Sev Lover Forever, because it looks to me like a vandal edit (this user has removed the Name parameter from the infobox), and because it also claims "no canon source" for the information deleted, despite the sources given looking valid to me.