Harry Edward Melling
2001 to present
|In Harry Potter|
Harry Melling is the actor who portrays Dudley Dursley, Harry Potter's spoiled cousin and the son of Vernon and Petunia Dursley, in the film adaptations of the Harry Potter books. He also did the voice for the character in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
Harry Edward Melling was born on 13 March, 1989. He has always had a passion for acting, even putting on shows for his family since the age of 4. At a young age he enrolled in dance, singing, and drama classes, and when he turned nine he became a member of the Millfield Theatre Youth Drama Group. He won the part of Dudley when casting agents held auditions at his school for the first film. He hopes to set up a production company with a friend when they are older.
Before making one of the films in the Harry Potter series, he lost a large amount of weight, and the film producers considered changing actors as Dudley was portrayed as being large.
Ironically, after nearly ten years of playing a Muggle in a family that despises magic, Harry played the part of a warlock named Gilli in the Season Three episode "The Sorcerer's Shadow" on the BBC show Merlin.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010) - Dudley Dursley
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (2007) - Dudley Dursley
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) Dudley Dursley
- Friends & Crocodiles (2005) (TV) Young Oliver
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) Dudley Dursley
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) Dudley Dursley
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001) Dudley Dursley
- Gilli in the episode The Sorcerer's Shadow of the BBC series Merlin.
- http://www.kenmcreddie.com/Artistsdetails.asp?AType=1&Asx=1&artistID=155 (Harry Melling's official agency website page.)