- "He stares at the monolith before him, lifts his wand and begins to chant eerily. The surface of the cabinet glimmers, atremble in the ambient light. Almost alive. Then he stops. Looking back, his eyes haunted, he slips away. Light plays within the cabinet. Movement. Shadows flicker within, coalesce."
Harmonia Nectere Passus is the incantation of a spell used to repair a broken Vanishing Cabinet and perfect its performance. It requires more than simply speaking the incantation in front of the damaged device, as proven it took Draco Malfoy a year of effort to fix it.
Draco used this spell on the broken Hogwarts-Borgin and Burkes Vanishing Cabinet pair in the Room of Requirement at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the 1996-1997 school year, which had been damaged by Peeves in 1992. By 30 June, 1997, after a year's worth of painstaking efforts, Draco succeeded.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The incantation is never revealed in the books and first appears in the sixth film.
- Harmonia Nectere Passus is one of only three spells known to have three words to its incantation, the other two being Petrificus Totalus Duo and Petrificus Totalus Tria.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Appears in flashback(s))