|"We must've been through hundreds of books already and we can't find him anywhere —"|
Handedness is a term that refers to having a preference for using, and greater fine motor skill in, one hand over the other. In Muggles, handedness is usually defined by which hand is used to write, while handedness in wizards and witches is more commonly defined by which hand is used to hold the wand. The majority of humans are right-handed.
Individuals by handedness
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ""Handedness" on Wikipedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6 (The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 4 (Horace Slughorn)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 18 (Dobby's Reward)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 33 (The Prince's Tale)
- ↑ Pottermore - News: "Why Carmen Ejogo insisted her Fantastic Beasts character Seraphina was left-handed"