|Hogwarts Hallowe'en Feast|
A Feast held at Hallowe'en
- "By the time Hallowe'en arrived, Harry was regretting his rash promise to go to the deathday party. The rest of the school was happily anticipating their Hallowe'en feast; the Great Hall had been decorated with the usual live bats, Rubeus Hagrid's vast pumpkins had been carved into lanterns large enough for three men to sit in, and there were rumours that Albus Dumbledore had booked a troupe of dancing skeletons for the entertainment."
The Hallowe'en Feast at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry occurs on 31 October every year. It is festooned with candy-filled pumpkins, apples, black cauldrons of big lollipops, carrot cake, bats, orange streamers, and all sorts of Hallowe'en-related decorations. There is always some entertainment at the end, this may be by the Hogwarts Ghosts who pop out of the walls and do formation gliding. It's a highly anticipated feast which most Hogwarts students look forward to every year.
Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington's execution takes place this day. The axe was blunt, so it took forty-five hacks to kill Sir Nicholas, and even then his head was only partially severed.
In 1991, the feast was interrupted by Professor Quirrell, who came in pretending to be frightened and screaming that there was a troll in the dungeons before fainting. In reality, the troll had been secretly let in by himself under Lord Voldemort's orders. The feast was cut short and all the students had to finish it in their common rooms, while the teachers went to find the troll. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley went off to find and inform Hermione Granger about it in the bathroom and ran into the troll.
In 1992, it was rumoured that Albus Dumbledore had booked a band of skeletons to play there. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger did not attend the feast; instead, they were at Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington's 500th Deathday Party. As such, Argus Filch believed that they were involved with the Petrification of his cat, Mrs. Norris, which occurred on the same night, since they were not at the feast with all the other students.
During the Hallowe'en feast in Harry Potter's Third year Sirius Black attempted to break into the Gryffindor Common Room to murder Peter Pettigrew (disguised as Scabbers). However, when the Fat Lady did not let him in he slashed her portrait.
In Harry Potter's fourth year, the Hallowe'en Feast had an added dimension, as the Goblet of Fire was present to divulge the names of the champions for the Triwizard Tournament. Unexpectedly, after the three champions were chosen, a fourth name came out of the Goblet: Harry Potter's.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned as 'feast')
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game