The British Ministry of Magic has attempted to impose restrictions on how wizards are allowed to celebrate Hallowe'en, presumably in consideration to the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy. Celestina Warbeck vocally disagreed with this proposed legislation, a move that was considered controversial on her part.
At Hogwarts School, there is a feast every year on Hallowe'en and the first Hogsmeade weekend of the year usually occurs around the same day. Rubeus Hagrid grows enormous pumpkins for the feast by magic. On this day in 1981, the First Wizarding War ended with the disappearance of Lord Voldemort, after he murdered James and Lily Potter. It was also the day Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington died.
The Hallowe'en Feast at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry occurs on the 31st of October every year. Usually the Hallowe'en Feast is festooned with sweets-filled pumpkins, bats, orange streamers, water snakes and all sorts of Hallowe'en-related decorations. There is usually some entertainment at the end, this may be by the Hogwarts Ghosts who pop out of the walls and do formation gliding. It's a highly anticipated feast which most Hogwarts students look forward to every year.
Behind the scenes
- Oddly enough, either during or after the feast in the first four books something fateful happens. The troll, the Chamber of Secrets re-opening, Sirius Black's attack on the Fat Lady, and Harry Potter's name emerging from the Goblet of Fire. In the seventh book, we discover that the date, 31 October is significant, as it is the date of James and Lily Potter's death - 31st October, 1981.
- Also somewhat oddly, though Hallowe'en and the date of 31 October are of great significance within the series, nothing of note happens on Hallowe'en in any of the final three installments of the series.
- Oddly enough, Hallowe'en can be also called "All Hallows Eve" this could be contiuned to the beginning of the series with the Deathly Hallows objects and symbol, between Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game