These users are able to quickly revert vandalism.
ArrestoMomentum (second request)
Hi there. I know I have only been here for an extremely short time and probably don't have a strong enough "trust" relationship with the community here, but I've noticed that there are no active bot accounts on this wiki. The last time a bot account was used was in 2013, which is quite some time ago, with a few other bot accounts long before that. I'm not sure whether these accounts are used by active members or sysops of the community though.
I'd like to propose that my bot, SajuukBot, be granted a bot flag on this wiki. I've used this bot on a couple of wiki's where I've been a bureaucrat and have a knowledge of how to use AutoWikiBrowser. Note that my abilities of the bot are limited, but it can be used for certain tedious tasks.
Please use this section to discuss whether SajuukBot should be granted a bot flag for this wiki. Note that only Wikia Staff would be able to grant a bot flag so any consensus here should be emailed to Wikia at the contact form for them to perform the rights change. Thanks! --Sajuuk 16:32, February 29, 2016 (UTC)
- This appears to be going un-noticed. I'll give this an extra week, but if nothing happens, this will just have to be abandoned. --Sajuuk 09:39, March 6, 2016 (UTC)
- I vote for User talk:BachLynn2316:58, April 30, 2016 (UTC)
I think it's time to make a request for User:Ironyak1-bot to be granted a bot flag. The bot is written in python and uses [Pywikibot]. As you can see from my recent edits, I have been by cutting and pasting pages to work out the changes this bot will do, so it's been pretty well tested already. Adding a bot flag will allow these changes to be done quicker, on a wider set of pages, and without flooding the list of RecentChanges. The immediate tasks for the bot would be:
- Fix links to Pottermore that were broken by the re-design there
- Correct spelling to British English as needed
- Unpipe singular dates (such as 1926 as the redirect pages handle the single years and allow for decade pages to be broken down as needed in the future)
- Switch common sources and book references to short code templates (for consistent format and display) eg (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone ch. 1 becomes Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 1 (The Boy Who Lived))
Possible future tasks:
- Remove old templates (eg Template:Pottermoreold)
- Update Category names and the related pages (Like Category:Images of Mrs. Granger)
- Other wide-spread or tedious changes needed as determined by the community here
In addition, it is probably best if my main account is granted Rollback rights to quickly correct any hiccups should the bot run into trouble as I will still be reviewing changes to make sure things went as expected. Please discuss and let me know if there are questions or concerns. Cheers --Ironyak1 (talk) 20:35, July 28, 2016 (UTC)
I think that's a good idea!18:18, July 29, 2016 (UTC)
You've been a good contributor to the Wiki over the past few months, and I think you deserve this. I vote for.
Also for, and I'd like to suggest adding fixing redundant pipes to the list of tasks (e.g., for example, [[Muggle|Muggles]] to [[Muggle]]s). --03:48, July 30, 2016 (UTC)
These users are able to delete and protect pages along with blocking users.
These users are able to grant and remove adminship, and grant and remove rollback privileges.