Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Rubeus Hagrid: "It begins, I suppose, with — with a person called — but it's incredible yeh don't know his name, everyone in our world knows —"
- Harry Potter: "Who?"
- Rubeus Hagrid: "Well — I don' like sayin' the name if I can help it. No one does."
- Harry Potter: "Why not?"
- Rubeus Hagrid: "Gulpin' gargoyles, Harry, people are still scared. Blimey, this is difficult. See, there was this wizard who went… bad. As bad as you could go. Worse. Worse than worse. His name was…"
- Harry Potter: "Could you write it down?"
- Rubeus Hagrid: "Nah — can't spell it. All right — Voldemort. Don' make me say it again."
- — Rubeus Hagrid conveys Harry Potter the story of his past.
Gulpin' Gargoyles was an idiom that was spoken by Hagrid in the Leaky Cauldron in 1991, when first telling Harry Potter about Lord Voldemort and the murder of his parents.
Behind the scenes