Grunnings was a drill-making company in Surrey, England. Vernon Dursley, Harry Potter's uncle, was the director of the company. Mr. Dursley worked for the company since at least 1981, when Harry was brought to live with the Dursleys. The Grunnings office was across the street from a bakery. Vernon Dursley's office was on the ninth floor of the Grunnings building. Mr. Dursley did not seem to be particularly fond of his co-workers, having a tendency to complain about them commonly.
Behind the scenes
- In the film version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, a photo of Vernon Dursley standing outside the Grunnings building can be seen on the wall of the staircase of Number 4, Privet Drive.
- The name "Grunnings" may (in the real world) have started as an onomatopoeia for the noise of a large drill in operation.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Appears in photographs)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Appears in photographs)