Grunnings was a drill-making company in Surrey, England. Vernon Dursley, Harry Potter's uncle, was the director of the company. Mr. Dursley worked for the company since at least 1968 The Grunnings office was across the street from a bakery. Vernon Dursley's office was on the ninth floor of the Grunnings building. Mr. Dursley did not seem to be particularly fond of his co-workers, having a tendency to complain about them commonly.
Behind the scenes
- In the film version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, a photo of Vernon Dursley standing outside the Grunnings building can be seen on the wall of the staircase of Number 4, Privet Drive.
- The name "Grunnings" may (in the real world) have started as an onomatopoeia for the noise of a large drill in operation.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Appears in photographs)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Appears in photographs)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Chapter 1 (The Worst Birthday)
- ↑ On the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, an award prop was included on the 4 Privet Drive set saying "AWARDING VERNON DURSLEY FOR HIS 27TH YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT AT "GRUNNINGS" DRILL FACTORY". As the scene is set in 1995, this means Vernon had been working at Grunnings since 1968 or before (it is impossible to determine, since the award itself is not dated).
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 1 (The Boy Who Lived)