|Also known as||
Gerda Curd (possibly)
Greta Catchlove (b. 1960) was a witch, who wrote the original edition of Charm Your Own Cheese. There was a portrait of Catchlove hung in Hogwarts Castle, guarding a secret shortcut between the second-floor landing of the Grand Staircase and the Entrance Hall side room. The password required to gain access to said shortcut was "Cheese Charmer". 
Behind the scenes
- An author named Gerda Curd is credited with having produced a revised edition of Charm Your Own Cheese.  It is possible that "Gerda Curd" is simply Catchlove's pen name.
- She may have been in the Marauders' year at Hogwarts.
"Greta" is a short form of Margareta. A famous bearer of this name was Swedish actress Greta Garbo (1905-1990).
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- J.K.Rowling Official Site
Notes and references