Greece is a country in southeastern Europe. Its capital is Athens. The country has land borders with Albania, Bulgaria and Turkey. It is known for having various mythical creatures and great wizards and witches in residency. Colophon was once an ancient Greece city, but was destroyed centuries ago.
Known magical creatures indigenous to Greece
- Basilisks, first bred in Ancient Greece
- Three-headed dogs
- Winged horses
Known Greek Wizards and Witches
- Andros the Invincible — famed for producing a Patronus the size of a giant
- Calchas — a Seer who was defeated by his fellow Seer Mopsus in a competition of their powers.
- Circe — a sorceress who lived on the island of Aeaea and an expert in transforming sailors into pigs
- Falco Aesalon — the first known Animagus
- Herpo the Foul — a Dark Wizard who was the first to hatch a basilisk and the first to create a Horcrux
- Mopsus — a Seer
- Greek man — a wizard who sold Rubeus Hagrid his three-headed dog.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Pottermore (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)