The MACUSA was less tolerant toward magical creatures than the wizarding governments of Europe, due to the risk they posed of exposing the wizarding world, and thus it can be presumed that the MACUSA angered the sasquatches by trying to exert control over them. Many historians blame Irene Kneedander, Head of the Body for Protection of Magical Species, for attacking any Sasquatch who "stepped out of line".
The onslaught of the Sasquatches ultimately forced the MACUSA to move its headquarters from Washington to New York: this was the fifth time since its inception that the seat of the wizarding government was relocated.
Behind the Scenes
- Sasquatch are native to the Pacific Northwest and Washington,D.C. is in located near the east coast, this would mean that they would have had to cross the country in order to riot in front of MACUSA.
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "History of Magic in North America: 1920s Wizarding America" on Pottermore
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "The Magical Congress of the United States of America (MACUSA)" at Pottermore
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's Wizarding World: Movie Magic Volume One: Extraordinary People and Fascinating Places (see this image)
- ↑ The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (see this image)