The Graphorn is a dangerous aggressive magical creature, native to the mountains of Europe.
Its Horn is a highly prized potion ingredient, used in potions like the Antidote to Uncommon Poisons. Graphorns are sometimes used as mounts by Mountain Trolls, but the Graphorn does not like it - it is more common to see mountain trolls covered in scars from a Graphorn.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play) (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
|Professor: Bathsheda Babbling|
|Textbooks: Advanced Rune Translation · Ancient Runes Made Easy · Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms · Rune Dictionary · Spellman's Syllabary|
|Known Runes: Acromantula · Demiguise · Ehwaz · Eihwaz · Fwooper · Graphorn · Hydra · Quintaped · Runespoor · Salamander · Unicorn · Unknown · Mark of Merlin|