Hermione's parents are both dentists and are accepting of the wizarding world and proud of her accomplishments. In 1997, Hermione modified their memories so that they believed they were Wendell and Monica Wilkins and moved to Australia in order to protect them from Death Eaters. After the Second Wizarding War ended, she found them and reversed the charm.
|Hector Dagworth-Granger (possibly)||A wizard who has a Squib relative who could possibly be the ancestor of Hermione Granger.|
|Mr Granger||Muggle dentists, parents of Hermione Granger.|
|Hermione Granger||The only child and a muggle-born witch who works for the Ministry of Magic and is married to Ron Weasley. They have two children, Rose and Hugo.|
|Ronald Billius Weasley||Husband of Hermione and father of Rose and Hugo.|
|Rose Geranger-Weasley||Children of Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Rose is the eldest of the two.|
|Arthur Weasley||Previously employed by the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office, head of the Office for the Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects as of 1996.|
|William Arthur Weasley||The eldest child; works as a Curse Breaker for Gringotts Bank.|
|Charles Weasley||Studies dragons in Romania.|
|Percy Ignatius Weasley||Worked at the Ministry of Magic from 1994 to 1998 before reaffirming his loyalty to the Order of the Phoenix; later worked at the reformed Ministry under Minister for Magic Kingsley Shacklebolt.|
|Fred Weasley||Co-owner of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. Died in an explusion during the Battle of Hogwarts.|
|George Weasley||co-owner of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. Twin of the deceased Fred Weasley.|
|Ginevra Molly Potter||Only daughter, and the youngest in the family; played Quidditch for the Holyhead Harpies before becoming a Quidditch correspondent for the Daily Prophet; wife of Harry Potter.|
|Mr. Granger||Mrs. Granger||Weasley family|
(b. c. 2008)
The surname Granger is derived from grange, a term for a barn or farm with buildings that store grain, thus 'granger' is a term for a farm bailiff. Also, "Granger" is a term for a member of the Grange Movement of the United States, which involved agricultural activism in the nineteenth century, possibly alluding to Hermione Granger's activism on behalf of house-elves.
Behind the scenes
- J. K. Rowling has revealed that at one time, she had planned for Hermione to have a younger sister. This sister was going to be a Muggle.
- It is possible that the Granger family are related to Hector Dagworth-Granger seeing as all muggle-borns have a trace of wizarding ancestry.
- J. K. Rowling has also revealed that in her earliest draft of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone the Granger family lived on the shore from the Potter family (who lived on an island) and it would be Mr Granger that would notice an explosion on the island and sail to it and pick up baby Harry Potter.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Arthur Weasley is seen talking to Hermione's parents. While the line is quite soft, Mr Weasley comments "I understand other Muggles are quite afraid of you." Since Hermione's parents are both dentists, this comment refers to that common Muggle phobia.
- The Granger family is very similar to the Evans family. Originally a muggle family, until a female member (Hermione and Lily Evans) became a muggle-born witch. The witch married a pure-blood man, (Ron Weasley and James Potter I) and have children, one of them a son (Rose and Hugo Weasley, Harry Potter).
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Mr and Mrs Granger are played by Tom Knight and Heather Bleasdale, respectively.
- In the film adaptations of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Mrs Granger is played by Michelle Fairley, and Mr Granger is played by Ian Kelly.
- Even though Hermione is a main character, her family wasn't explored like Harry's and Ron's. Rowling stated that this was because Hermione's parents were too boring to go into detail about.