A gramophone is a machine that is used to play music. Remus Lupin owned a Geisha gramophone on which he played the song Witchita Banana. At the Yule Ball preparation Minerva McGonagall and Argus Filch used a gramophone to help the students with learning the dance.
One time in 1997, when Harry Potter knocked on the door of Horace Slughorn's office, hoping to get the memory of Tom Riddle and Horcruxes from him, he heard what he was sure were the quickly stifled sounds of an old gramophone.
Behind the scenes
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger ran around in the Forbidden Forest to repair a gramophone to call Lycantrophy-Lupin.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7