Mr Goyle was a wizard, Death Eater, husband of Mrs Goyle and the father of Gregory. Goyle fought during the First Wizarding War. He didn't search for Lord Voldemort after his first downfall, but this was forgiven in 1995, after Voldemort's return at the Little Hangleton graveyard, in which Goyle was present. Goyle possibly fought at several battles of the Second Wizarding War, including the Battle of Hogwarts. After the battle and Voldemort's final defeat, Goyle was presumably killed or imprisoned in Azkaban.
First Wizarding War
Goyle was a Death Eater during the First Wizarding War and was loyal to his master up until his downfall, when Goyle managed to avoid Azkaban. Around the downfall of Voldemort, Goyle and his wife had a baby boy, Gregory Goyle, who would be educated at Hogwarts from 1991 to 1998, and be friends with Vincent Crabbe and Draco Malfoy.
Second Wizarding War
During the 1995-1996 school year, Goyle's son, Gregory, and Crabbe's son, Vincent, both cornered Susan Bones, and Gregory told her that his father thought that her aunt Amelia Bones was a trouble-maker.During the same year he was one of the Death Eaters whose name is given Harry Potter in his interview with Rita Skeeter.
His actions following his master's return are unknown. It's likely that he participated in many battles during the Second Wizarding War, including the Battle of Hogwarts. He was presumably killed or imprisoned in Azkaban following Voldemort's defeat.
Behind the scenes
- It is not specified if Goyle attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, though if he was he likely was in Slytherin like his son.
- Goyle's only specified appearance is in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It is unverified if he participated in any of the later events of the Second Wizarding War.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Goyle was played by Alex Palmer, but was only credited as "Death Eater".
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Notes and references
- ↑ His son Gregory is a pure-blood from Harry Potter and Me, which means none of his parents or grandparents are Muggles or Muggle-borns.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 38
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- ↑ Alex Palmer Showreel
- ↑ *