Mr Goyle was a wizard, Death Eater, husband of Mrs Goyle and the father of Gregory. Goyle fought during the First Wizarding War. He didn't search for Lord Voldemort after his first downfall, but this was forgiven in 1995, after Voldemort's return at the Little Hangleton graveyard, in which Goyle was present. Goyle possibly fought at several battles of the Second Wizarding War, including the Battle of Hogwarts. After the battle and Voldemort's final defeat, Goyle was presumably killed or imprisoned in Azkaban.
First Wizarding War
Goyle was a Death Eater during the First Wizarding War and was loyal to his master up until his downfall, when Goyle managed to avoid Azkaban. Around the downfall of Voldemort, Goyle and his wife had a baby boy, Gregory Goyle, who would be educated at Hogwarts from 1991 to 1998, and be friends with Vincent Crabbe and Draco Malfoy.
Second Wizarding War
Goyle was one of the few Death Eaters who returned to Lord Voldemort when he rose to power again in 1995. Voldemort was displeased when he learned that Goyle did not attempt to find him, but Goyle was forgiven. It is possible that he may have fought in several battles during the Second Wizarding War, including the Battle of Hogwarts.
During the 1995-1996 school year, Goyle's son, Gregory, and Crabbe's son, Vincent, both cornered Susan Bones, and Gregory told her that his father thought that her aunt Amelia Bones was a trouble-maker.
Behind the scenes
- It is not specified if Goyle attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Goyle's only specified appearance is in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It is unverified if he participated in any of the later events of the Second Wizarding War.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Goyle was played by Alex Palmer, but was only credited as "Death Eater".
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Notes and references
- ↑ His son Gregory is a pure-blood from Harry Potter and Me, which means none of his parents or grandparents are Muggles or Muggle-borns.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 38
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- ↑ Alex Palmer Showreel
- ↑ *