Google Stump (fl. 1700) was a shy and stuttering wizard. He had some portraits of himself hung in Hogwarts Castle. In 1994 one of them hung in the Tapestry Corridor and by 1995, a portrait was in the Viaduct Entrance. Stump's portrait guarded a secret passage from there to the first floor corridor. No one had told him the password. When confronted by Harry Potter, who asked if he was really doing his job if no one used his shortcut, the portrait told the student the password. The password, Volo futurus unus, meaning in Latin "I want to be alone", brings out the shyness of the wizard. Later in the school year, he directed Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger to the portrait of Giffard Abbott to obtain the password to access the shortcut behind Percival Pratt's portrait.
Behind the scenes
- He may have been related to former Minister of Magic Grogan Stump.
- This individual died sometime prior to 1991, as the portraits hung at Hogwarts depict deceased individuals.
- His first name is Google, possibly derived from the popular search engine Google. This is further implied when one of the other portraits describes him as a "man with answers."
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (PC version)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter Limited Edition - The Paintings of Hogwarts: Masterpieces from the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Sets
- ↑ JK Rowling at the Edinburgh Book Festival Sunday August 15 2004 - Q: All the paintings we have seen at Hogwarts are of dead people... JKR: "They are all of dead people;"
- ↑ Seen when Hermione says, Staircases change, remember.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - PS1 version -- In the hall leading the the First-Floor Girls' Toilets in which a troll chase Harry.