- The surname Oliphant is derived from an archaic English word for "elephant." J.R.R. Tolkien included huge, elephant-like creatures known as oliphaunts in his novel The Lord of the Rings.
- The name Gondoline is perhaps a further nod to Tolkien: in the Silmarillion, there was an Elven city called Gondolin, which remained hidden for centuries before being destroyed.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Wizard of the Month