|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
|Godric's Hollow graveyard|
- "Behind the church, row upon row of snowy tombstones protruded from a blanket of pale blue that was flecked with dazzling red, gold, and green wherever the reflections from the stained glass hit the snow."
This graveyard was located in Godric's Hallow, next to the Parish Church of St. Clementine. It was the home of the graves of many former residents of the village, both Muggles and wizardkind, including members of such prominent families as the Peverells, the Potters, and the Dumbledores.
Many people, both wizards and Muggles, would be buried in the graveyard over the centuries, including people such as Kendra and Ariana Dumbledore, a member of the Abbott family, and James and Lily Potter.
- Harry Potter: "I've been thinking. I — I want to go to Godric's Hollow."
- Hermione Granger: "Yes. Yes, I've been wondering that too. I really think we'll have to."
- — Harry Potter and Hermione Granger decide to visit Godric's Hallow.[src]
On 24 December, 1997, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger visited Godric's Hallow as part of their search for Horcruxes. On their way to try and locate Bathilda Bagshot, they passed this graveyard and decided to take a detour to visit the grave of Harry's parents. During their search for it, they discovered other graves, including Ignotus Peverell's, which showed them another use of a symbol they would later learn was associated with the Deathly Hallows, and the Dumbledores', which confirmed what they had read in The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore about the Dumbledores having lived in the village. After finding the Potters' grave, Harry began to cry, and Hermione conjured some flowers to place at the grave. The two then made their way to leave, only pausing once to ascertain if someone was watching them.
- Ariana Dumbledore
- Kendra Dumbledore
- H. Knighton
- Ignotus Peverell
- James Potter
- Lily Potter
- D. Williams
- M. Kenton
- Elsbeth M.
- Dinah Stevenson
- John Stevenson
- Edwin Booth
- Julie Parkes
- Peter G.
Behind the scenes
- In the novel Harry and Hermione came to this graveyard disguised as an old couple, however in the video game as well as the LEGO game they visit the graveyard as themselves, though Hermione liked the idea of using Polyjuice Potion.