The Hogwarts Gobstone Club (also called the Gobstones Club) was a recreational club at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for students interested in playing Gobstones. It was distinct from the Hogwarts Gobstones Team, which presumably played the game on a competitive level.
In the 1990s, the club was apparently headed by Marcus Fenwick, and met up at lunchtime in Classroom 22b on the second floor of Hogwarts Castle. A sign-up sheet for the club was posted on the Gryffindor bulletin board during this period. Students who signed up included Andrew Snowy Owl, Toad Toazer, Curt Hanger, Winky Crockett, Ruth Winikus, Miraphora Mina, and Jo King.
Following the enactment of Educational Decree Number Twenty-Four by High Inquisitor Dolores Umbridge in 1995, which forcibly disbanded all student organisations, a second-year student was overheard wondering if this included the Gobstones Club by Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. Ron sarcastically told the student "I reckon you'll be okay with Gobstones."
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Pottermore (First identified as Hogwarts Gobstone Club)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Gobstones"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 See this image of a prop used in the films on display as part of Harry Potter: The Exhibition.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 17 (Educational Decree Number Twenty-Four)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 25 (The Seer Overheard)