Large, curled horns
Goats are used for their milk, meat, hair, and skins. The females are known as does or nannies, the males as bucks or billies, and the young are kids, this being the original meaning of that word.
Aberforth Dumbledore was fond of keeping goats for pets (one such goat was Matey, which he kept in his pub in at least 1995), once performing illicit charms upon them and receiving a hearing from the British Ministry of Magic. This caused much libel against him, although he was unperturbed by this; his brother Albus suspected this was because Aberforth couldn't read.
Indeed, Aberforth liked goats so much that his patronus took the form of a goat.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard (Mentioned only)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells